Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day, Dads

May you all rest in peace for hours out on the back hammock today. And if you don't happen to have a hammock, may you get one soon. Nothing better than a few hours of weekend reading on a hammock. In keeping with the day's celebration, here's a column I wrote about my own old man a few years ago. You'll find the rest of those "Dad About Town" columns archived here.
UPDATE: My friend and occasional lunch partner Mansfield Frazier reprises his annual tribute to his remarkable father. Five years ago, I had this to say about Mansfield.

4 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger LIVE TO EAT said...

What a loving tribute to your father, John (I Admire You Dad, And Here's Why). I identify with much of what you describe, most notably coming to America from Italy. This April my father would have turned 83.

Thanks for sharing his beautiful story and your love for him.

Michael Franco

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

I hope you write about that sometime, Michael, and if you already have, I hope you'll point me to it.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger LIVE TO EAT said...

When I do write it, John, I be sure to send it your way.

Michael Franco

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Ok, I'm counting on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home