- Our Idea of Hell on Earth. Taking a cruise with members of the editorial team from the right-wing Weekly Standard magazine.
- Sublime News. The Indigo Girls, one of our favorite musical acts, have an imminent album release.
- Piano Talk. The celebrated architect Renzo Piano talks to Architectural Record about his interesting headquarters building for the New York Times.
- Cleveland's Not a Very Popular Place to Live...According to this Pew Research study. Now tell us something we didn't already know.
- Our Guy Valdis is at it Again. Valdis Krebs has cobbled together an interesting network map charting the feeder system for the infamous Madoff Ponzi scheme. In doing so, he coins a ringing phrase: Triangle to Turpitude. Some time ago, we talked about Valdis a little here.
- We Quite Agree. Google mail is the greatest thing since sliced bread and boiled ham.
- The Aging of Camelot. If JFK were still alive, he'd be 91. Hard to picture that.
- TNR's on the Case...Of Tom Dasche's mysterious round red glasses.