Thursday, September 11, 2008

We Dreamed of Jeannie,
They Dream About Pols

In the Sixties, we had the riveting cheesecake TV show I Dream of Jeannie, which taught us adolescent boys a thing or two about the exotic allure of the bare female mid-section. Now, we have websites that gather actual dreams about political candidates running for president. If you've ever had a dream about Barack, you can get it posted here. And if you've instead dreamed about flyboy Johnny McCain (god help you if you did), send it here. Either way, we wish you sweet dreams, gentle reader.

6 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

Yes master.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Ah, that line comes back to me now. I haven't really seen this show in reruns for a very long time, so I had forgotten her oft-repeated servile response. Why can't our wives treat us like that? (just kidding, ladies).

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

I have not dreamed about either candidate. Nor do I hope to.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Glad to hear that, Michelle. I think that's a perfectly healthy stance on this issue. And I think Todd (or Hot Toddy as you tend to call him on your blog) would also be happy about that. And did I tell you how wonderful it was to finally meet you last weekend after several months of "blog friendship," that sometimes odd/sometimes rewarding form of the real deal?

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Erin O'Brien said...

Yes master.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

You too, Erin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home