Friday, August 01, 2008

Another Ambitious Author Who Imagines
He'll Be Putting JFK Conspiracies To Rest

We're nearing the 45th anniversary of the JFK assassination, that iconic moment of lost innocence for the Baby Boom generation. And it seems we're barely any closer to solving the puzzle than we've ever been. Yet another ambitious author is at work on a book--a dozen years in the making, with no end in sight yet--that he imagines will finally put the argument to rest. How charmingly naive of him. For our part, we're persuaded by the fact that a very thorough Congressional investigation in the 1970s (overseen by former Congressman Lou Stokes) concluded that there was probably a conspiracy behind the assassination. Naturally, it couldn't prove it, either, which has only further fueled doubt and suspicion for millions. So what do you think about the case?

7 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would tell you what I think, but am sure the FBI would track me down and I would just "disappear" . . .

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger James Renner said...

I loves me some conspiracy stories! Thanks for the heads-up.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Jim, if you can solve this one, you'll surely get that Pulitzer.

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for the 150 grand in book advances too!

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

I imagine Mr. Renner got way more than $150K advance for his book from Gray & Co. Interested readers can check it out here:

http://www.grayco.com/cleveland/books/10193/index.shtml

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger James Renner said...

I think you're getting me confused with David Giffells. I drive a Sunfire.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

That just means you'll have to turn the Pruett case into a book also. Jim's latest:

http://www.clevescene.com/stories/15/66/i-see-the-truth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home