Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Here Are Two Chances to Join Me
For Writing Events in Coming Days

I'll be appearing at a couple of writing-related events around the Cleveland area in the next week, both of which I heartily encourage you to consider attending, should you have the time and interest.

This Saturday morning, March 24th, I'll be giving a presentation on blogging at the
16th annual Western Reserve Writers' mini-conference, at Lakeland Community College. Shame on Lakeland for not harnessing the web better to promote it (their bare-bones listing doesn't tell you nearly enough about it to convince anyone to attend. They've instead relied solely on mailed brochures). So in a moment, I'll fill you in on it myself.

Two days later, on Monday, March 26th, I'll be taking part in a
Web Association luncheon panel with a trio of friends, Dan Hanson, George Nemeth and Jim Kukral. I've written about Dan here (scroll down, if you care to, to see all the mentions) George here and Jim here. This one should be a particularly fun event. And doubly so for me because of its echoes of a similar event nearly four years ago, when George and I and a couple of other online writers addressed the then-new subject of blogging to a roomful of about 100 folks. One of the co-sponsors was the Association of Internet Professionals, a predecessor of the Web Association. As it happened, I met Jim Kukral that very evening. He had been blogging for some time even then, and was thrilled to meet others in the region who did, too. So anyway, do consider attending if you can.

Okay, back to the Saturday conference at Lakeland, where I'm happy to say I'll also be joined by some old writing comrades, including Suzanne Alexander and Scott Lax. Here's a quick overview of the morning:

8:30--registration and coffee
9:00--welcome
9:15--Mary Ryan on writing for children, me on blogging, Susanne A. on making connections, and Barbara Snow on coaching yourself to success.
10:30--Deanna Adams on memoir-writing, Les Roberts on book reviews, Malcolm Wood on outlining a novel, and Ruth Fawcett on independent publishing.
11:45--Scott Lax on creative writing for beginners, Nancy Christie on essay writing, Steve Grant on legal issues, and Nicole Hunter on writing dialogue.
Networking, refreshments and author signings to follow.
Cost: $55. For more information: call 440-525-7116.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home