Thursday, February 15, 2007

The State of VC Activity in the Region

I spent the better part of January and into early February working on an unusually stimulating project, helping write and edit a first-ever comprehensive report on the state of venture capital activity in Northeast Ohio. Commissioned by
Jumpstart, Bioenterprise and NorTech and partly modeled on a report issued by the St. Louis Capital Alliance, it's just been released. I'll post the full report when it's online (it's now up, here). Today's Plain Dealer covers it here, the Akron Beacon Journal here and Crain's Cleveland Business here. Nortech's always-astute Chris Varley discusses it here, on his fine Tech Futures blog. Ironically, a new client website (for which I wrote the copy, working with a great design team) just launched a few days ago. As it happens, it's for a small, locally based venture capital group.

2 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

would be nice if yur linx opened in separete windows..

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

I agree. It would make it that much more likely that you stayed here on my blog, rather than leaving for elsewhere. Unfortunately, Google, which owns blogger (my tool of choice), doesn't have it set up that way. But don't lose hope: I may change to another provider in coming months.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home