Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Zuiker Curriculum

By the sound of it, it could well be the title of a movie thriller. But the Z Curriculum to which I refer today is actually
this nice overview of some talks on blogging my friend Anton Z. (that's the handsome sucker in the accompanying photo) is set to give next week in Arizona at the American Medical Association's annual communications conference. Only wish I could be there to see him in action, but I'll have to settle for his second-hand accounts afterward. It also happens to be Anton's birthday today. Happy birthday, Z.

5 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am an aspiring young writer (14 years old) and I have had a good number of pieces published in mid-size trade magazines, but I would like to start writing for bigger magazines. What advie would you give me? How will my age effect my abilty to have pieces published (I write well beyond the average fourteen year old, but I still think that there would be some bias against publishing pieces from a kid)?
I would appreciate it if you could leave your reply on my blog. Thanks

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Wow, that's a tough (but interesting) problem. I'll surely give that some thought and send you an email or two about it. Good luck, and keep writing.

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, thanks for the props and the birthday wishes.

 
At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I have more blogging curriculum outlines here.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger John Ettorre said...

Thanks for the additional links, Anton. And please, if you get a moment, give some thought to how you might answer our young friend's question about any advice we might have for him/her as a 14-year-old writer. I hope others will sound off on this question too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home